Why become an IIDA member?
IIDA offers Members strong networking and tangible benefits for education, inspiration and professional development.
Membership in IIDA provides access to resources that can help you get ahead in your career. Benefits include subscriptions to leading magazines, tuition reimbursement opportunities, the chance to reach Forum colleagues around the world, as well as reduced fees for exciting Chapter initiatives and International events like the Leaders Breakfast series.
Professional and Associate Members in the United States receive complimentary magazines and publications that cover technical and theoretical topics in design, as well as community news and events.
- Perspective, the IIDA thought-provoking journal
- DesignMatters, a bimonthly electronic newsletter to keep you in the loop about happenings across the country
- Contract, a leading monthly magazine for the design industry
- Interiors & Sources, a leading monthly building industry and interiors publication
- HD Boutique magazine, a bi-monthly e-magazine that covers hospitality trends
- What Clients Want, the first in a series of book published by IIDA. A collection of conversations between designers and their clients about how significant projects were conceived, how they have defined culture, demonstrated value and shifted business models.
Tuition reimbursement, access to in-depth knowledge and research, and links to industry leaders and events help you get ahead in the business aspect of design. Member benefits include:
- Eligibility for a twice annual drawing for NCIDQ tuition reimbursement–this is a complete reimbursement for Associate Members who successfully complete the NCIDQ exam
- Sustainable Education Fund, offering a twice annual drawing for reimbursement of LEED exam fees for those who have successfully passed the accreditation exam
- Chapter and Regional professional development
- Chapter-level IDCEC-approved CEU programs
- Access to the IIDA Knowledge Center, and the team that compiles its content
- Webinars, take-home CEUs and quick links to educational tools
- International code and licensing initiatives
- Proactive leadership in gaining governmental recognition for the profession
- Use of the IIDA professional designation
- Personalized Member Logo
- Access to the IIDA Job Bank
- Networking opportunities through Chapter and Forum programs
- Membership for access to Material Connexion
- IIDA Conference Calling Service
- Access to the online IIDA Membership directory
- Forums in 10 design specialties, offering an instant network of professionals in your area of expertise
Members receive first notice of special events and registration discounts.
- Invitations to Chapter and regional meetings, special events, and activities
- Invitation to the IIDA Annual Meeting, when IIDA inducts the new International Board of Directors, celebrates the Titan and Star Award recipients, recognizes Chapters for excellence in intiatives, and welcomes new members of the College of Fellows
- Invitation to the IIDA COOL Gala, where IIDA features winners of the Interior Design Competition
- An opportunity to be celebrated and profiled on the IIDA website under the I AM IIDA section
Discounts and Incentives for Members Only
You have access to a wide range of discounts and special pricing for products and services to support your business, from discounts on books to savings on airline travel. Check back regularly for new additions.
Learn more about becoming an IIDA member